Lesser Antillean Whistling Frog
Eleutherodactylus johnstonei





I recorded this Whistling Frog (Eleutherodactylus johnstonei) calling on the grounds of the Hotel Floris in Curaçao, Netherland Antilles.  You can hear this Whistling Frog call then another, more distant frog answers.




Here is a section from the sonogram taken from Audacity.  In this sonogram section, only a single call from this frog is seen.



I do enjoy the sound of frog calls, obviously.  However there are some species whose calls I find so piercing or loud that I find them difficult to listen to a big chorus.  This is one such species.  As I wandered around the grounds of our hotel in Curaçao trying to get a clean recording and a photo I thought how maddening it must be to have this species calling outside of your window night after night!

© Chris Harrison 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment