Spotted Chorus Frog
Pseudacris clarkii


I happened to be driving near where I live in west San Antonio, Texas after some rain and heard a few of my favorite little spotted frog - the Spotted Chorus Frog (Pseudacris clarkii).  They were surprisingly cooperative.



I have lots of recordings of P. clarkii, and I normally wouldn't bother with another recording, but they were so cooperative that I couldn't resist pointing my microphone at them.

I also wanted the chance to document them here in western Bexar County, TX.   They are known from Bexar County, but not from the next county west (Medina County).  I was only a mile from the county line, so I drove west onto some other similar looking areas hoping to document them in Medina County, but couldn't find any on the other side of the county line.  Oh well a project for later!
___________________________________
© Chris Harrison 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment